Reset Password

Your search results

How to invest in Thailand?

The property ownership laws of Thailand are somewhat nationalistic and generally prohibits foreigners from owning freehold land in Thailand. However, there are some methods available for acquiring valid and legal rights to land and real estate in Thailand.

Option 1: Setting Up a Thai Company

The most commonly used is a Thai Limited Company. Thailand registered companies with majority Thai ownership are able to buy land in Thailand. It means that Thai shareholders own at least 51% while the remaining 49% or less may be held by foreigners. With a Thai Limited Company, the liability of the shareholders are limited to any amount left unpaid on their shares and there is a separation between owners and management A balance sheet must be prepared once a year and filed with the Department of Revenue and Commercial Registration. In addition, companies are required to withhold income tax from the salary of all regular employees.

Option 2: Leasehold Agreements

Foreigners are expressly permitted may to hold a 100% interest in a Thailand land lease. The foreigner effectively leases the land or house from the Thai national who remains the owner of the land. Thailand lease law allows a 30-year maximum lease period, with the possibility of renewing the lease for additional 30 year periods.

Option 3: Investment

Thai real estate law allows foreigners to buy and own a limited amount of land based on an investment of 40 million baht for five consecutive years, provided that the land is used for residential purposes.

The next step is to get well acquainted with the process of buying real estate in Thailand. It is also important to understand the different types of Thai title deeds in order to determine the extent of the owner’s rights over the land you are interested in.

Most importantly, we strongly recommend that you use the legal services for property acquisition of lawyers in Thailand to protect your interests. Of course, we can propose you local lawyers we usually work with.

Comment investir en Thailande?

La législation concernant l’accès à la propriété en Thailande est plutôt nationaliste et ne permet pas à des étrangers de détenir un terrain à titre personnel en pleine propriété. Cependant, il existe quelques méthodes permettant d’acquérir un terrain ou une propriété en tout légalité, en Thailande.

Option 1: Créer une société Thaie

La plus communément utilisée est la société à responsabilité limitée. Les sociétés enregistrées en Thailande ayant une majorité d’associés Thais peuvent légalement acquérir un terrain en Thailande. Cela signifie que les associés Thais doivent détenir au moins 51% des parts et que les étrangers peuvent en détenir au maximum 49%. Avec une société à responsabilité limitée (Co, Limited), la responsabilité des associés est limitée à leur participation dans leur capital et la qualité d’associé se distingue de celle du gérant/directeur. Un bilan doit être effectué annuellement et remis au Department of Revenue and Commercial Registration. Par ailleurs, les sociétés doivent retenir l’impôt sur le revenu directement des salaires de leur employés.

Option 2: Contrats de bail

Les étrangers sont parfaitement autorisés à détenir 100% des intérêts sur un terrain sous forme de bail. L’étranger loue ainsi en longue durée, et en nom propre, un terrain ou une maison à un Thaï qui reste propriétaire du terrain. La législation thaie concernant les baux permet de signer un bail maximum de 30 ans, renouvelable sur plusieurs périodes de 30 ans.

Option 3: Investissement

La législation thaie sur l’immobilier permet aux étrangers d’acheter et d’être propriétaire d’une quantité limitée de terrains équivalant à un investissement de 40 millions de baht sur 5 années consécutives, à condition que le terrain soit utilisé dans un but résidentiel.

Il convient ensuite de bien comprendre la procédure d’acquisition d’un terrain en Thailande. Pour cela, il est important de connaître les différents types de titre de propriété afin de comprendre l’étendue des droits du propriétaire sur le terrain qui vous intéresse.

Très important – Nous vous conseillons vivement de vous faire assister par un avocat spécialisé dans l’acquisition de propriété en Thailande, afin de protéger vos intérêts. Bien entendu, nous pouvons vous recommander des avocats locaux parlant anglais ou français, avec lesquels nous avons l’habitude de travailler.